Our Town Plan
Since April 2012, local communities have been able to produce Neighbourhood Plans for their local area, putting in place planning policies for the future development and growth of the neighbourhood.
We aim to achieve this vision and mission by focusing on 8 key objectives
- Preserving the unique character of Stalybridge
- Promote, develop and maintain a busy, popular and interesting town centre
- Revitalise the Market Hall & Civic Centre to become again a thriving focus for the town
- Improving and maintaining community spaces and parks within the town
- To promote, in partnership with the local emergency services, a safer community with a stronger sense of community and civic pride.
- To develop tourist attractions, a unique and varied shopping experience, and regular, town focused, events.
- To ensure that the rail and road provision serves the community efficiently.
- To provide community leadership and effective management of the local resources whilst delivering responsive public services in an open and transparent manner.